Samoan Language Week
24 May 2019
Talofa! Samoan Language Week runs from Sunday 26 May to Saturday 1 June 2019 and to celebrate the Library and the WUSSA are joining forces to bring you displays, activities and food tasting events!
The theme for this year is “Lalaga le si’osi’omaga mo se lumana’i manuia” (weave an environment for a better future).
So come in and check out our interactive Samoan Language Week display on Level 2 of the Library, including books and information, then enjoy a cultural dance performance, traditional Samoan food tasting experience, an Ava (Kava) session, or take part in the Aganu’u (cultural) workshop. There’s also a Facebook and Instagram challenge.
Monday 27 May
- 11am: WUSSA dance performance (Library Foyer)
- 12pm: Traditional Samoan food tasting (Library Foyer)
- 1-3pm: Aganu’u (cultural) workshop (M2.02 & M2.03 in the Student Centre)
Tuesday 28 May
- 9am: Facebook challenge
Wednesday 29 May
- 1pm: To’onai (Samoan feast – in the Conch, Level 0 of the Student Centre)
Thursday 30 May
- 9am: Instagram challenge
Friday 31 May
- 1pm: Ava (Kava) session (in the Conch, Level 0 of the Student Centre)
You can find out more information by visiting the WUSSA Events & Support Facebook Page or checking them out on Instagram @wussa_2019.
Fa’afetai, Ia Manuia le aso! Thank you, have a good day!