Applying for an Academic Record or Completion Letter

Launch of My eQuals

The University of Waikato joined the My eQuals digital platform in August 2018.  This enables you to get certified digital copies of your records and share them with other institutions and employers. Read more about My eQuals here.

Applications for free digital copies of your records can be made through the 'exams and results' tab in MyWaikato.

If you have any queries related to the use of My eQuals please contact the Student Admin Team on

What is an academic record?Academic Record Image

Every student who has ever been enrolled at the University of Waikato has the details of their academic achievements recorded in the University’s database. The official record of these achievements is called an Academic Record or Academic Transcript. This record details your entire academic history with the University, all papers you enrolled in, including failed papers, the grades you received and any notes of relevance to your academic history. It can be used to apply to other universities and may be requested as part of a job application, especially overseas.

What is a completion letter?

This is an official statement simply confirming your completion of a qualification at the University of Waikato. It is a written official record of the status of your qualification and may be used before the graduation ceremony. The time between completing a qualification and graduating can be several months.

Completion Letter Image